Monday, October 4, 2010


I am an Old Maid living in Happy Valley, Utah. Am I trying to be a martyr? No...really. I fell in love with Alpine when speaking with my long-time friend Shari about her love of the area. I had always thought I was too outspoken for the Happy Valley folks, but Shari was even more outspoken than me. Yes...really. Well, my thought was that maybe I would have a shot at being happy here too. After all, the scenery is so beautiful here and I have always had a secret desire to belong in an area full of Molly Mormons...not that I would EVER be mistaken as one of the Church's elite. But I have found, after a mere two years, that I do feel loved and wanted. Maybe I'm just a curiosity to these folks...an example of what diversity in the Church means? Nevertheless, I can't think of a single person in the neighborhood that I don't love and admire. In fact, I have already chosen my eternal resting place in the Alpine Cemetery...right next to my friend Shari. Since I don't see any marriage on my horizon, what better place to rest than by a friend who was like a sister to me? And when I wake up on Resurrection Day, the first person I see will be someone I love. After all, Iowa, where my parents and grandparents lie in their eternal resting spots, should be just a hop, skip and a jump after resurrection, right? Isn't that great that I have my life after death planned? Now...back to current reality. Where do I find a good job to support me till I can rest in eternal peace?

No comments: