Saturday, May 28, 2011


I was listening to the Mormon Channel at work the other day and heard a talk by Elder Bednar. He mentioned that our faith is worth whatever we have to pay for it. That got me thinking about what price I have and would pay for my faith in Jesus Christ to increase. Several months ago, I heard the great blogger, Stephanie Nielsen speak about whether, if given the chance, she would return to her former, unburned self. Well, of course, her answer was no. She said she is finally the mother she has always wanted to be. It made me ponder whether I would ever return to the days when my skin was so much prettier, my cheeks were rosey and the hope of having children was still in my mind. Believe it or not, I have decided I wouldn't return to those days. There is nothing I would trade for the relationship I have gained with Father in Heaven and with my older brother Jesus Christ in these last four or five years. I sometimes wonder what my life would have been like if I had been one of those fortunate ones to have married young....and then I just dismiss the thought. I know for certain that I would not have been the type of daughter and mother that my Father, or I, would have been proud of. I wasn't ready to be a wife when I was in my twenties, thirties or forties. I am still working on my physical self, which does have a lot to do with my spiritual self I have come to realize. Once I can conquer all those physical demons that seem to haunt my life, I will be ready for marriage. But what about him? Where is he and will he be ready for me???



4 comments:

alpinekleins said...

I love this . . . this is a beautiful thought on having faith :)

Kristin

Shannon said...

Great post Elaine! It's all going to work out one day! :) You are a wonderful, kind, beautiful, amazing person!

Laurel said...

Having love & faith in our savior is the greatest gift of all. He will bless you my beautiful friend.

Jana said...

My Grandma always said "it all works out in the wash" I believe her.